Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Back in Business!

On a whim I plugged my phone into my computer.
Voila!  My pictures suddenly uploaded.
Many, many pictures.
Months of pictures.
Where to begin?

It's too complicated to pick up from last fall
so I'll just start from where we are this month.
(I seem to be doing that a lot lately!)

**********************

We celebrated Rudy's birthday
and he even took a day off that week for a little R&R.
The two of us spent the morning browsing 
antique and vintage shops and had lunch
together in a quiet little bistro


It was fun but his work managed to follow him around.

********************
I think we can safely say that the drought is done.
We have spent the past few months hoping we don't wash away.
There are lakes where we have never before seen standing water.
We rejoice with every snowfall in the mountains because we know that's
what replenishes our aquifers.
As long as the dams and spillways hold, it's all good.


 {photo credit: Bethany}
{photo credit: Bethany}

Due to days and days of rain, there hasn't been too much
fog this winter.  After a few dry and sunny days, it manages to
periodically creep back in.

*************************
Our kitchen remains in creative chaos.
Little by little the south wall is taking shape.



He was trying to see if it would suck up his hair.

Cooking in our kitchen is an adventure. Things are either on a cart
or on a rack behind the table.  Sometimes the stove and cabinets are pushed
toward the middle of the room.  Nothing is handy.

In the meantime, our living room is the local lumber yard.
The wood is acclimating to the temperature and humidity of the 
house before it's made into cabinet boxes.

*************************
Green beans were on sale so we canned 25 lbs.
We snap them in the evening, put them in jars with water,
and then I pressure can them the following day.
We are forced to bond over green beans.


*********************************
This is as close as we get to politics.
I found out that the term "rake" in baseball vernacular
means to hit hard, to hit all over the park.
Back in the day, when the boys played Little League,
I would get so frustrated when the coach told Wesley to bunt
because I knew full well he could hit it hard.
Rudy explained that it was a tactical maneuver by the coach 
but it still annoyed me.
I am all for "raking" the ball!

********************************
"Music hath charms to soothe the savage beast."



With that I leave you...hopefully, not for very long this time around.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a post response.
Thank you for being kind, informative, and uplifting.