Sunday, March 6, 2016

 
 
February Wrap-up
 
 
Apple Blossoms


 
It was a month of blossoms.
It is one of the most beautiful times of the year in the valley. 
 
 
An almond orchard in full bloom.
 
 
This is the valley's version of snow.

 
We celebrated his birthday again; this time on the actual day...
without the heart attack!
 
I had an appliance repair man in my house for the
first time ever in my life.
Rudy always fixes our appliances but when my brand new washer
did not work, we turned it over to the company to figure out what was wrong.
We ended up returning it to the store and getting a new one.
I guess I just had a lemon because the new one works great.
It's nice to do laundry and not have to deal with the foibles of the old set.
 
The new fencing was put up.

 
Tiana has been begging to learn how to sew so I finally drew lines
for her on construction paper and gave her a few lessons.
She was beyond thrilled.

 
I always try to make my family a nice Valentine's dinner
and put a treat out for each one.
I like to choose a box of candy that person will especially enjoy.
Some like sour and others prefer sweet.

 
 
We spent a day in the mountains at Leland Meadows.
There's nothing like tubing to remind your brain that your body is aging.

 
She played hard all day long.
This is how I felt part way through the morning.



It was a beautiful but warm day.
Everyone quickly shed their jackets, gloves and other outer wear.
I applied many layers of sunscreen.
 
The only pictures I have of the boys are inside the lodge.
They were chatting with friends while playing a game.
 
 
We slogged through school.
One way to review is to play Multiplication Bingo.
It's a little less painful that way.
 
Somehow the month flew by,
not just because there were fewer days
but because those days were packed. 

 
 


1 comment:

  1. I took our boys tubing this year and I moved much more slowly then they did, but surprised myself by sticking it out to the end of our allotted time. They loved it and so did I between the aches and pains.

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to leave a post response.
Thank you for being kind, informative, and uplifting.