Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Last week was one of those weeks where simply going to the bathroom seemed like an unnecessary waste (pun not intended!) of my time. There were too many things to get done in too little time. Despite the busyness, there were light moments that always brought forth laughter.
Tiana came to me one day and kept insisting that there was a pupil growing in the middle of her forehead and that it hurt a lot. I finally discovered a small pimple on her forehead.
I was looking for the newest edition of a magazine. Tiana picked one up and loudly declared that she had found the nudist one. Of course this happened in the library!!
Due to this month being Tiana's birthday, she tends to get a bit over-excited and lose control of herself, so we have had many discussions about her behavior and how she needs to think about her actions. The latest discussion had turned to attitude and she declared that, "My attitude is usually good but sometimes it just turns a bit naughty."
Wesley was driving and I could see that there had been a major accident on the other side of the freeway. I told everyone to see if they could tell what was going on and tell me about it so I would not have to take my own eyes off the road. Wesley made a motion to turn his head but I informed him that he was not to be the one looking. Nathan told Wesley to stop being a "floppy-necker." I asked what a floppy neck was and it turned out that he meant that Wesley should not be a rubber-necker.
One day Bethany was complaining to me about some of Tiana's behaviors that were not appropriate for her age (or maybe any age). I had to explain to Bethany that I have two very different girls with very different interests. I have one girl who chases the boys because she wants to run and play with them because their type of play is much more interesting than the typical female interaction. I have another girl who chases the boys because she wants to be their girlfriend.
Tiana, while eating an apple and doing her school work, "I am multi-tastic." She meant to say that she was multi-tasking.
**********
The following is a story that was not so funny to me at the time but others found it to be quite hilarious:
The youth group had a big yard sale this past Sat. to raise funds for Bible School. It was a very busy day but during one lull in customers I strolled through and looked at the items. At one point I stopped and picked up a pair of nice dress shoes and it occurred to me that Nathan had a pair just like them. I put them back down on the bench and continued on.
Later, as the boys were packing up the clothes to donate to the Gospel Mission, Nathan said, "Hey, here are my church shoes." Shari mentioned that she had tried to sell them to a lady for $2 and she was so disgusted that the lady did not think that was a good price for such nice shoes. After hearing that, I was very glad the lady had passed them by.
Nathan had changed from his church clothes the previous weekend and had left them at church by accident. He could never locate his bag of clothes during the yard sale but I presumed they were in the bathroom or tucked away somewhere else. It suddenly dawned on me that his clothes might have made it into the yard sale items.
One of the boys jokingly asked Nathan if the belt he had picked up and put around his own waist was Nathan's. Nathan did not think it was but on closer inspection he decided that it was his belt after all.
At the point I told him that he needed to go through all the clothes and see if his pants and brand new shirt were in the pile. It was not long until he located his dress pants in a bag of clothes. I was getting concerned because I was afraid we had sold his new shirt at a deep discount. Finally he located his shirt (with the sleeves still rolled up) at the bottom of the clothes pile. I was quite relieved that he located all of his clothes, except for his socks. Socks are a lot cheaper to replace than shoes, shirts, and pants so I am counting my blessings that no one was moved to buy those particular items.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are welcome to leave a post response.
Thank you for being kind, informative, and uplifting.