An Ode-less January
It occurred to me that I have not written my typical praise to
the month of January.
Maybe that is because this January was rather a-typical.
The pulse of life did not slow down.
The weather was not damp with depressing fog.
No cocooning took place.
Instead:
the weather was unseasonably warm and dry,
we were as busy as ever,
I drove even more than in December,
outdoor projects were the norm,
no indoor projects were started or finished.
We tackled senior pictures in January.
That is a story in itself...
A couple of years ago, Rudy won a photography package at a silent auction at work.
We decided to save it and use it for the boys' senior pictures.
The time had come to get their pictures taken so I contacted the photographer, left a
voice mail and he called me back. Right away he grated on my nerves with his
harsh attitude and name dropping but I decided to be pleasant since we had already
paid for the photo package. After a flurry of shopping for the right outfits
and convincing the boys that they needed more than one or two photo shots,
we arrived at the appointed time at the agreed upon spot.
The photographer arrived: reeking of cigarette smoke,
in a bad mood, with a foul mouth, and with camera equipment that malfunctioned.
I could easily forgive the equipment malfunction and the bad mood
(especially after his very kind wife explained that he had some skin cancer removed)
but the foul mouth and asthma inducing smoke were really out of my element.
He went home to get another piece of flash equipment and we waited for them
at a new location closer to our house.
They finally showed up with the news that none of their flash equipment were
working properly and they would refund us our money.
At this point, that was a relief.
We were released from him!
Happy Day!!!!
So, we hurried home and grabbed Miss B, our camera, and a few props
and headed back to the park by the creek.
I was very pleased with her work and their photos.
This photographer was cute, smelled good, and had a great attitude.
A few examples of the many shots taken that day...
Speaking of Miss B, if you would like to see some of her projects, read her lighthearted ramblings, and see more of her pictures, here is the link to her blog.
Because adoption is close to our family:
I found this to be a very interesting commentary on adoption
along with this information on how to ask adoptive parents touchy questions
using more appropriate phrases.
And to weigh in on a major spiritual, legal, and moral battle:
Check out this blog and this one too.
(Thanks Deann for the links)
***************************
To close on a more lighthearted note:
I was talking to Miss T about a report she had written on bees.
I realized her knowledge was a bit sketchy when she declared,
"Bees give us honey...and peanut butter too!"
She was so proud of her declaration until she could tell from my face
that something had gone wrong.
Very wrong!
using more appropriate phrases.
And to weigh in on a major spiritual, legal, and moral battle:
Check out this blog and this one too.
(Thanks Deann for the links)
***************************
To close on a more lighthearted note:
I was talking to Miss T about a report she had written on bees.
I realized her knowledge was a bit sketchy when she declared,
"Bees give us honey...and peanut butter too!"
She was so proud of her declaration until she could tell from my face
that something had gone wrong.
Very wrong!




No comments:
Post a Comment
You are welcome to leave a post response.
Thank you for being kind, informative, and uplifting.