Thursday, July 18, 2013

Why?
 
With the possible closure of Xanga
I started asking myself why I even blog.

I asked God to show me my purpose in blogging.
After all, it can be time consuming
and kind of hard to fit into life.

 

Some people have a message to share or
a cause to champion, so they blog.
Other people have found that it is a way to make money
to supplement their family income.
They end up with corporate sponsors, companies
that donate items for giveaways, and links to stores.
 
 
I was thinking about my lack of a cause, no specific message,
and a total lack of desire to dedicate all the time it takes
to run a money-making blog.
Suddenly, God told me that my cause is my family.
My family is to be my focus.
 
I have always said that I blog to share our lives with
our far-flung family, our many friends,
 and to preserve those memories for ourselves.
That is where my focus remains.
 
One thing that became very clear to me when I was going
through the tedious process of archiving my seven years of
Xanga posts was that I forget lots of things.
If I had not written those post there would be a lot of fun
(and not so fun) memories I would have lost.
There are lots of funny sayings that
are not written down anywhere else.
There are some serious thoughts that I need to
periodically revisit. 
 
So, I continue on in the same vein as my previous blog
with a few minor changes here and there.
As we share our family's ongoing story,
I hope that in some way 
your life will be positively touched.
********************

For example, here is one event I had forgot about:
 

March 16, 2009

You don't want this to happen when your social worker pays a visit...

The other night I stepped out onto our back landing to go down the steps and a whole section of it completely crumbled!  I went down those stairs pretty fast to escape the falling porch.  We knew that there was some wood rot present but we are eventually going to add onto our house there and get rid of those steps so we did not want to take time or money to replace them.  There was more rot than we knew about so Rudy had to rebuild the porch and steps as quickly as possible.  How would you explain a crumbling porch to a social worker who is making an inspection of your property?  I have a feeling that she would not be too impressed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a post response.
Thank you for being kind, informative, and uplifting.